Monday, March 7, 2011

I've Got An Excuse

I've found a good excuse lately to not make disciples...

"GOD, I'M GRADUATING! I'M LEAVING MIRIAM SOON SO I'M NOT GONNA ANYMORE JUMPSTART A SMALL GROUP OR START DOING ONE2ONE WITH ANYONE. I'M LEAVING ANYWAY!"

Just today God rebuked me.

We will graduate in school but we will never graduate in making disciples. Making disciples doesn't stop at graduations. We don't stop making disciples when semester ends. Certainly we don't stop making disciples especially when God tells us to "Go and make disciples."

I've been putting God down lately when He tells me to do One2One with these certain students, "God, are you sure? The semester is about to end!," because I've made up this rule in my head that when summer comes, we also take a vacation in reaching out to our friends and classmates, "God, that's so illogical, I don't think that's a wise thing to do" - even if He's already been putting people in my life who are very much open to the Gospel yet still I'm being reluctant to do One2One with because hey, I've got an excuse!

When God calls us to do something, no matter how many excuses we could think of, obey anyway.

Don't miss out on that opportunity to be used by God this vacation. This might be your friend's time to come to know God. And you don't want to be absent when that happens just because you've got excuses. Just go when God tells you to go. No but's, not if's, no excuses.






"Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” - Matthew 28:16-20


DAY 208 03.07.11 11:36pm

No comments:

Post a Comment