Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Faces I Want to See In Heaven

We were in Victory Center Katipunan this afternoon when my friend saw on Yahoo! News about what just happened in Japan. All of a sudden my eyes were glued on the screen as we try to read the news. Then my other friends in the room joined us in conversation and told us about the tsunami alert here in our country. We were all in denial and wishing it wouldn't happen until a friend blurted out "Okay lang, sa heaven naman ako mapupunta!"

Since I made a decision to accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior and to follow Him all the days of my life, I wasn't anymore too afraid to die. Some people don't like discussing about death - especially their own death. I know this is gory but if I die today, you can ask my friend Mariel about all my bilin because we sometimes talk about our own deaths.

I'd like to believe that when I die I'll get to see Jesus in heaven. I'd like to believe that when I die I'll have a chance to eternal life. I'd like to believe when I die I'll see God face to face. I'd like to believe that when I die I'll be in heaven where there's no more pain or struggle. This makes me not so afraid of death. But I realize this afternoon, though I'm not afraid to die, I still don't want to die yet because I'm afraid I might NOT see the faces I want to see in heaven.

How about you, are you going to see the faces you want to see in heaven someday?

Don't get me wrong. We're not judging people here. We're not also saying that we are sure of going to heaven, and some people are not. But just a thought. That classmate you always see in school, have you shared Jesus to him already? That friend who've been so curious about your faith, have you gotten the courage to share the Gospel to her already? Your mom or your dad, have you already told them how Jesus changed your life?

I'm afraid to answer my own questions. I was compelled by these thoughts.

Romans 6:23 says "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Good news are meant to be shared my friends. And we don't wait until a tsunami hits our country before we share it to someone else.



DAY 213 03.12.2011 1:35pm

No comments:

Post a Comment