Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Doubted Meg

I remember the first time Meg attended Youth Service with me. It wasn't actually part of the initial plan but when she learned that some of my friends and I are attending Youth Service, she said she wanted to come too. I remember that day so vividly.

I didn't actually know or even expect that from that day on, a life will be transformed. I didn't invite her at first because I was reluctant that she might not like Youth Service. I didn't reach out to her because I was reluctant she might not be interested. I was reluctant because she seemed like the type who wouldn't bother listening to me when I talk about God. I was reluctant God might not move. But it was all a mistake. I doubted her. I doubted God.

It is a humbling experience to see how God can transform a person's life. It is a humbling experience to see Meg grow in her relationship with God. Every time I see her, I am being reminded that I cannot change a person's heart. Only God can. And that we shouldn't base who we should reach out to on the way people look, on their character, their situation, their problems or even their past because the truth is, no matter what our backgrounds look like, everyone needs God, everyone needs to know Jesus. He died on the cross not for good people or rich ones, but for sinners - meaning everyone of us. So we shouldn't exclude anyone.

Meg gave her life to Christ in that Youth Service. Today her life is a living testimony. She radically turned away from her old life, choosing not to defile herself and not to let the culture define her identity. She is a faithful Victory group leader. She has a heart to reach out to our campus. She is a great writer, an upcoming worship leader, a follower of Jesus, a woman after God's own heart. And as we graduate this school year, I know that she will leave a legacy in our campus.

We will never know what God can do in a person's life. I will be forever amazed.




"But God demonstrates His love for us in this: While we were still sinners Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8


DAY 15 08.26.10 2:29pm

No comments:

Post a Comment